Unemployment Compensation (UC) Claims Assistance

We provide aid to dislocated workers by unemployment claims assistance and general information on the UC claim process such as defining eligibility terms, providing information on social help programs, organizing volunteers and workers in community forums, acting as an advocate for social reform.

Dislocated workers can seek Unemployment Compensation (UC) claims assistance throughout a possible two month filing process. Advice ranges from:

  • Assistance on how to file for UC benefits
  • Guidance through the appeal process
  • Non-attorney representation at hearings
  • Advice on post hearing claim issues

We also answer general questions on other safety net programs such as COBRA.  MVUC purposely and strategically responds to challenges that arise from our living and incomplete safety net.  We adjust our services according to need.